Monroe House is a 26 bed private psychiatric hospital providing
healthcare services for adults with learning disabilities,
associated mental health problems and challenging behaviour.
Service type: Hospital
Main point of contact:
119 Americanmuir Road
The service provider is The Danshell Group, a provider of health
and social care in the UK.
1 Manchester Square
Inspection reports and quality grades
|Conditions of registration
- The service will operate as a private psychiatric hospital
which will comply with current merntal health legislation.
- To provide healthcare services for service users with learning
disabilities and mental illness.
- No one under the age of 18 years to be seen or treated on
the premises. Service users over 65 years old may be seen or
treated on an individual basis after prior agreement with
Healthcare Improvement Scotland and other relevant services.
- To provide a maximum of 17 in-patient places.
- A registered medical practitioner with specialist experience of
learning disabilities and mental health illness to be on call over
- To provide 24 hour nursing care.
- The service staff shall ensure that staff possessing the
appropriate skills, training and experience are provided in
sufficient numbers to ensure the safety and welfare of all service
Table of Grades
Quality of information
Quality of care and support
Quality of environment
Quality of staffing
Quality of leadership and management
|10 & 11 December 2013
||4 - Good
||3 - Adequate
||2 - Weak
||3 - Adequate
||Adequate - performance is acceptable but could be improved
||Weak - concerns about the service and there are things that
||Unsatisfactory - represents a more serious level of
|Previous inspection reports
|For information regarding inspection reports and
complaints about this service formerly provided by Castlebeck Care
(Teesdale) Limited prior to 30 August 2013 please contact
Share this content