NICE (Multiple) Technology Appraisal Guidance No 184 –
Topotecan for the treatment of relapsed small-cell lung cancer
The following NICE appraisal has been considered by NHS Quality
Improvement Scotland through its revised procedure of processing of
NICE (Multiple) Technology Appraisal Guidance No
184 – Topotecan for the treatment of relapsed
Web reference for appraisal and other related documents:
NHSScotland should note that:
1. No important differences were identified for this NICE
appraisal and NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advises that the
recommendations are as valid for Scotland as for England and
2. NHSScotland should take account of the NICE appraisal and
this NHS Quality Improvement Scotland email in its planning,
funding and provision of services to ensure that recommended drugs
or treatments are made available to meet clinical need.
3. NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advice represents the
evidence-based view of NHS Quality Improvement Scotland.
4. This advice does not override or replace the individual
responsibility of health professionals to make appropriate
decisions in the circumstances of their individual patients, in
consultation with the patient and/or guardian or carer.
5. No other publications on the NICE appraisal will be issued by
NHS Quality Improvement Scotland.
6. Copies of the NICE appraisal can be downloaded from http://www.nice.org.uk/. Also on the
website are tools (a costing template and audit criteria) that NICE
has developed to help organisations to implement this appraisal.
Finally, an easy to read summary of the appraisal, called
"understanding NICE guidance" is published on the NICE website to
provide information for patients and the public.
7. Hard copies of the NICE appraisals are available from NHS
Quality Improvement Scotland (contact Hana Bystronova, tel 0131 623
4287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) and
all NICE appraisals and NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advice are
available on the NHS Quality Improvement Scotland website
If you need further assistance, please contact Eleanor Brownlee
in the first
instance tel 0141 225 6873
Published Date: 25 November 2009