NICE Technology Appraisal Guidance No 92 HealOzone for tooth
This NICE appraisal has been considered by NHS Quality
Improvement Scotland through its revised procedure of processing of NICE appraisals
Nice Guidance - http://www.nice.org.uk/TA92
NHSScotland should note that:
1. No important differences were identified for this NICE
appraisal, and NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advises that it is
as valid for Scotland as for England and Wales.
2. NHSScotland should take account of the NICE appraisal and
this NHS Quality Improvement Scotland email in its planning,
funding and provision of services to ensure that recommended drugs
or treatments are made available to meet clinical need.
3. NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advice represents the
evidence-based view of NHS Quality Improvement Scotland.
4. This advice does not override or replace the individual
responsibility of health professionals to make appropriate
decisions in the circumstances of their individual patients, in
consultation with the patient and/or guardian or carer.
5. No other publications on the NICE appraisal will be issued by
NHS Quality Improvement Scotland.
6. The NICE appraisal includes a section on "implications for
the NHS" which you may find helpful in assessing the likely impact
of the health technology locally. Additionally, an easy to read
summary of the guidance, called 'understanding NICE guidance" is
published on the NICE website to provide information for patients
and the public.
7. Hard copies of the NICE appraisals are available from NHS
Quality Improvement Scotland (contact Shonagh Buchanan, tel 0141
225 6993 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Published Date: 22 June 2005