NICE Technology Appraisal Guidance 106 Peginterferon alfa and
ribavarin for mild chronic hepatitis C
The above NICE appraisal has been considered by NHS Quality
Improvement Scotland through its revised
procedure of processing of NICE appraisals
Web Reference for Guidance and other related documents: http://guidance.nice.org.uk/TA106
NHSScotland should note that:
- No important differences were identified for this NICE
appraisal, and NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advises that it is
as valid for Scotland as for England and Wales. Please note that
the SIGN guideline on Management of Hepatitis C is scheduled to be
published November 2006.
- NHSScotland should take account of the NICE appraisal and this
NHS Quality Improvement Scotland email in its planning, funding and
provision of services to ensure that recommended drugs or
treatments are made available to meet clinical need.
- NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advice represents the
evidence-based view of NHS Quality Improvement Scotland.
- This advice does not override or replace the individual
responsibility of health professionals to make appropriate
decisions in the circumstances of their individual patients, in
consultation with the patient and/or guardian or carer.
- No other publications on the NICE appraisal will be issued by
NHS Quality Improvement Scotland.
- A copy of the NICE appraisal is attached for your information.
It includes a section on "implications for the NHS" which you may
find helpful in assessing the likely impact of the health
technology locally. Additionally, an easy to read summary of the
guidance, called 'understanding NICE guidance" is published on the
NICE website to provide information for patients and the
Published Date: 27 September 2006